The suit I ordered was fine, more than fine - excellent...but that is where the buck stops I am afraid.I see all of these great reviews on the internet about Tailor4Less, but sadly people are in denial or the reviews are filtered.
After receiving my suit, I was contacted by DHL and UK Customs (HMRC) advising me that this company is under investigation for under-declaring the value of the goods that they are shipping and that I would be subject to further tax.
Looking into this company it seems they have a .co.uk domain (fine anyone can have one), they are registered in Germany but the kicker is that they create the suits in CHINA and ship directly to the end customer and not back through their business located in Europe or the UK, thus cheating the tax system and making it the customers problem.On their website they state that they will only reimburse "up to" 20% of the amount of the order.
To give you an idea of the impact of my *rant* - I paid £226 for my suit and cutoms have DEMANDED immediate payment for £89 in tax (in percentages it works out to be 40% of the value of the item); however, they declare to DHL and UK Customs that the value paid for the item was less than $20 USD.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Custom made
What I disliked
- Not as advertised
- Import duties
- Reason of review:
- Import Tax
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tailor4Less Suit
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Gucci bag through bag barrow or steal. the price was about $2000 listed at around $850 which as 30% discount. When I received the bag I..."
- " I ordered a dress as a test, (because I wanted to see what kind dress you could get for $13.81) on Aug 5th, because my girlfriend said that she..."
- "I purchased a prom gown for my daughter. I thought it would be great to go with their custom alterations. When I got the dress it was uneven...."
- "1st time i used levis u.k. Return policy is a trick to keep your money atlest show it on the shop so customer can be aware instead written small at..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- " I purchased the above nail strengthener to help my finger nails as they were splitting and my other nails had long ridges in them. After using the above product on..."
- "I purchase this ring and within 3 months found it had chipped, I returned to Earnest Jones where I was told the ring would need to sent off to their..."