Tailor4less - Watch out for the Import TAX!!

The suit I ordered was fine, more than fine - excellent...but that is where the buck stops I am afraid.I see all of these great reviews on the internet about Tailor4Less, but sadly people are in denial or the reviews are filtered.

After receiving my suit, I was contacted by DHL and UK Customs (HMRC) advising me that this company is under investigation for under-declaring the value of the goods that they are shipping and that I would be subject to further tax.

Looking into this company it seems they have a .co.uk domain (fine anyone can have one), they are registered in Germany but the kicker is that they create the suits in CHINA and ship directly to the end customer and not back through their business located in Europe or the UK, thus cheating the tax system and making it the customers problem.On their website they state that they will only reimburse "up to" 20% of the amount of the order.

To give you an idea of the impact of my *rant* - I paid £226 for my suit and cutoms have DEMANDED immediate payment for £89 in tax (in percentages it works out to be 40% of the value of the item); however, they declare to DHL and UK Customs that the value paid for the item was less than $20 USD.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Tailor4Less Suit
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #923007

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Tailor4less? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Tailor4less. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Tailor4less.
Filing a new complaint about