Tailor4less - Watch out for the Import TAX!!

16 of 102 Tailor4less reviews

The suit I ordered was fine, more than fine - excellent...but that is where the buck stops I am afraid.I see all of these great reviews on the internet about Tailor4Less, but sadly people are in denial or the reviews are filtered.

After receiving my suit, I was contacted by DHL and UK Customs (HMRC) advising me that this company is under investigation for under-declaring the value of the goods that they are shipping and that I would be subject to further tax.

Looking into this company it seems they have a .co.uk domain (fine anyone can have one), they are registered in Germany but the kicker is that they create the suits in CHINA and ship directly to the end customer and not back through their business located in Europe or the UK, thus cheating the tax system and making it the customers problem.On their website they state that they will only reimburse "up to" 20% of the amount of the order.

To give you an idea of the impact of my *rant* - I paid £226 for my suit and cutoms have DEMANDED immediate payment for £89 in tax (in percentages it works out to be 40% of the value of the item); however, they declare to DHL and UK Customs that the value paid for the item was less than $20 USD.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Tailor4less

Oct 25 #1231688

Tailor4less verified representative

Hey!
I’m Magda from Customer Satisfaction at Tailor4less. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with us and I want to apologize for your inconvenience! I understand your frustration, but taxes are rarely applied, and it only happens to a very small, randomly selected, number of orders. It’s very important to us that you as our valued customer are satisfied with your Tailor4less experience; that’s why we offer to reimburse the 20%.
We would like to extend our apologies, and show you our appreciation to you by giving you a discount for your next purchase. I understand you are hesitant to purchase another product, but I hope you will give us another try!
If you please contact me directly at magda@tailor4less.com I will gladly continue the conversation as well as give you your discount code.
I hope to hear from you soon!

Nov 24 #1245347 Slough, Slough, United Kingdom

So what you are saying is you are deliberately trying to scam the system and not pay taxes, bad luck to those customers whose parcels get inspected and have to pay the correct tax which you deny UK consumers should pay on your website?
Nice...

Tailor4less

Nov 25 #1245571

Tailor4less verified representative

No, absolutely not. I understand this might be complicated so let me try and break it down for you:
All of our customers, well anyone who visits the website really, has easy access to this information (all legal advice, terms and conditions etc).
Tailor4less has decided to insure only partly all the shipments, this insured part is relevant to the customs and is the declared value of your order. The customer remains unaffected by this decision as Tailor4less is the only one responsible in case of loss or damage of the shipment.
You might also be interested to know all extra taxes is depending on the country as well as the policy of DHL.
Lately, in the UK, DHL sends an invoice of approx. 3/4 GBP to release the parcel, customers pay and after a few days or weeks, even if the parcel was delivered, they send another invoice of a bigger amount, threatening the customers. These extra taxes are not charged by us, Tailor4less.
To try ease the inconvenience, we always refund up to 20% of the order (cash), and if the amount is much larger we add the difference as credit in your Tailor4less account. I hope I was able to clear up any questions you might have, if not, please don't hesitate to write me directly at magda@tailor4less.com. I wish you a nice weekend! (I would still love to get in touch with you and have your order number to help solve any issues you might still have).

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Tailor4less. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Tailor4less.
Filing a new complaint about
×