Buchhaldenstrasse 1, 8302 Kloten, Switzerland
1.8

*****DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH TAILOR4LESS.COM***** It is with deep regret that I must inform you that the company "Tailor4Less.com" should be thoroughly investigated for business malpractice.They have received payment, provided a terrible product which neither looks like what was promised on their website, nor (did mine) get made properly at all.

You'll get the story of my terribly made coat below... I am, of course, an extremely unhappy customer, and I am not alone. In a 5 minute search, I was able to find tens of complaints from tens of extremely unhappy customers. All of whom warn others to stay away from Tailor4Less.com, for a variety of reasons, ranging from terribly made products, misleading online marketing to terrible customer service.

WHAT HAPPENED TO ME: I was extremely excited to order a new coat, customer tailored to my exact body measurements. When it arrived, I was immediately heartbroken. Tailor4Less.com offers to fund further tailoring, but as you will read, they DO NOT take this seriously, and DO NOT practice good business. 1.) The shoulders were 1.0 inch longer than the measurements I provided.

(My tailor had to remove the arms and reattach them.) 2.) The sleeves were stitched together with 3 different colors of thread (black, red and yellow). (My tailor had to take ever single piece of fabric apart and restitch the whole thing, with black thread only, of course!) 3.) The sleeves were stitched together so poorly that there were holes at the seems (one was 1+ inches wide), and I could pull the seems apart with little effort. (See the tailor task above.) 4.) The overlap at the end of the sleeves which is supposed to be used to fasten the buttons DIDN'T EXIST. The person who did this part just made a straight cut, then twisted the material so that the sleeves were triangular toward the ends.

The final 3 inches of the sleeves went from about 4 inches in diameter to about 3 inches in diameter. This looked ridiculous, and was uncomfortably tight around the wrists. (My tailor was so confused... She had to add material to the sleeves so that they could be 4 inches in diameter straight until the ends.) 5.) The coat materials do not match the images on the website.

This is a common complaint. My coat is a nice color, but it is a way way way lighter gray than what was promised. So, it's not what I ordered. 6.) I have spent hours attempting to achieve resolutions by emailing Tailor4Less.com, and I have spent hours and used gas driving to and from my tailor.

Making the customer work is not good business! I communicated the final tailoring cost of $115.50 to Katia at Tailor4Less.com, along with a detailed description of all of the problems, their resolutions, and the receipt from the tailor. She stated nicely that the refund was on its way. The refund for the $115.50 CAD repairs came in as $67.34 CAD.

SUMMARY: I paid $336.78 CAD for a miss-measured, poorly stitched, coat with holes in it. I paid $115.00 CAD to have it corrected to become wearable. I received $67.34 CAD toward the tailoring. I effectively paid $48.16 CAD for the corrections.

I paid $23.39 CAD duty fees, which Tailor4Less.com does not advise you of before purchasing. TOTAL: I paid a total of $408.33 (for a coat which is now wearable, but still looks bad, and will probably sit in my closet long term). Several emails later, all Katia is willing to do is to offer me 10% off and $10 toward my next "Tailor4Less.com purchase", which will NEVER occur.

IN CONCLUSION: People should be warned to NEVER SHOP at Tailor4Less.com, and the company should be shut down or fully reformed by regulatory authorities.Thanks for reading!

Review about: Tailor4less Coat.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Poor workmenship, Failed to deliver promised quality, Customer service, Poor quality.

Had an Experience with Tailor4less?

Comments